Directions for Generating PDF and PDF/A
The documents on Qucosa are published as PDF files.
PDF/A is a specific ISO-standardized version of the PDF format for long-time archiving. It is strongly recommended that files are created according to the PDF/A standard. Otherwise, the long-time availability of documents cannot be guaranteed.
There are different possibilities to generate PDF files:
- by means of tools within the used text processing programs (MS Office, Open Office, LibreOffice, …)
- via external software (Adobe Acrobat, PDFCreator, …)
The chosen software should be able to reliably generate valid PDF/A-compliant PDF files. To support this – in some circumstances complex – process, the following documents have been compiled:
- Introductory information on the PDF/A standard
- Instructions for genereting PDF/A-compliant files for various software
- Explanation of error reports that frequently occur when validating with Preflight in Adobe Acrobat Pro
Please check your file(s) before registering on Qucosa with the SLUB PDF/A validator.